The Gale/Library Media Connection TEAMS Award
Teachers And Media Specialists Influencing Student Achievement
TEAMS Award | 2007 Winners | 2008 Winners | 2009 Winners | 2011 Winners | Submission Form | Release Form
The Gale/Library Media Connection TEAMS Award recognizes and encourages the critical collaboration between the teacher and media specialist to promote learning and increase student achievement. The awards are given every two years.
Three winners will receive: $2,500 (U.S.) cash award; Gale products (approximate value $500 U.S.); a one-year subscription to Library Media Connection; and Educator's Professional Bookshelf (approximate value $500 U.S.) from Linworth Publishing.
A panel comprised of education industry professionals and Gale staff will evaluate the nomination based on:
- Demonstrated collaboration between media specialists and teachers during a school year. Entrants may select which one of the two school years they would like to submit.
- Effective techniques that positively impact student learning and achievement
- Support received from school leadership
- Ability for others to replicate this best practice
All K-12 public and private schools in the United States and Canada are eligible to enter.
Examples of the types of collaboration that will be considered:
- Using large-print books to improve student reading scores
- Increasing literacy among struggling readers
- Improving information literacy: open Web vs. subscription resources
- Using nonfiction materials in classroom libraries to support reading
- Integrating electronic and print reference resources into classroom learning
- The nomination may be submitted by a library media specialist(s), teacher(s), principal(s), student(s) or parent(s)
- There is no entry fee. However, each nomination packet must include six copies of each:
- Completed submission form with appropriate attachments
- One-page letter of recommendation/support from your school's principal or assistant principal on school letterhead
- Signed release form (available to download in sidebar at right) for each person involved
- Photograph of the collaborating media specialist/teaching team
The Gale TEAMS Award is presented
in cooperation with Library Media Connection.